Who is it for?
Do you have an early-stage tech startup idea with the potential to positively impact society, and do you need support to accelerate it? If yes, Skylab Ignite is for you! We accept up to 10 startup teams per semester in our 10 week accelerator program.
You need a team of minimum two people. At least one of the founders must be associated with DTU; a student, researcher or recent graduate (up to one year after graduation).
Why should you join?
Become part of a strong community of impactful tech startups, expand your entrepreneurial mindset, build your business case, and strengthen your team!
Your gains from completing Skylab Ignite include:
- Obtaining real customer feedback on your project
- Developing a sustainable business model
- Learning to give a convincing startup pitch
- Becoming part of a network of fellow entrepreneurial students
- A chance to win monetary prizes at the Ignite finals
- A great experience that boosts your startup skills & CV
The journey of Skylab Ignite:
Note: Participation in the Kick-off event, Workshops, 1:1 startup coaching and deliverables are mandatory for all teams accepted into the Skylab Ignite program (see dates in the program).
When does it happen?
We accept applications twice a year: February and September.
How do we evaluate applicants?
We evaluate your application based on
- Team & Motivation: Do you have a dedicated team who are committed to the project, open-minded and eager to learn?
- Feasibility: Is the startup idea technically and commercially feasible and realizable?
- Impact: Is it clear how your startup idea will benefit society, e.g in relation to the Sustainable Development Goals?
- Diversity: Do you have a diverse team (in terms of gender and competence profiles)
How do I apply to Skylab Ignite?
You apply by filling in the application form with your startup details and upload your 2-page startup description. Follow the “Apply Now” link to find the template .
Next application deadline: February 11th, 2024 at 23:59.
After the deadline, Interviews will be conducted on the 14-15th of February as part of the selection process.