Discovery Grant is DTU’s own instrument for funding commercialisation projects emerging from research done at DTU. It is often the first step on a commercialisation journey for researchers.
- Primarily for early technical maturation or refining towards a commercial application
- Agile application process, weekly panel meetings and one-week response time
- You can apply for 20,000-150,000 DKK (<6 months project period)
- The grant can cover materials, consulting services, tests, reports/knowledge etc. (but normally not general salary)
- The application must be endorsed and supported by the department and the DTU Skylab innovation partner
- Discovery Grants can only support projects before a CVR number is established
Contact your DTU Skylab Innovation Partner for guidance on developing and submitting your application .
Discovery Grant application documents can be found here: Discovery Grant application form and guidelines (login needed)
Application due date: Every Wednesday at 16.00
Panel meetings: Every Monday except for holidays
Applications must be filed by your DTU Skylab Innovation Partner.